Tuesday, August 15, 2006

One Man Wonder

Rain put a bit of a damper on our plans to finish "skinning" the roof this weekend. We had folks lined up for a full day Sat., but the rain didn't let up until late afternoon. Thus, Sunday we were left with a roof in no better shape than it had been all week.

Until Matty had the idea that he could plywood the roof himself...

Yep, the one-man-wonder pulled off his biggest "don't try this at home" feat to date. He managed to get 3/4 of the remaining roof plywooded and tarpapered all by himself. Now you may be wondering to yourself why I myself was not up there helping. I, in fact, spent most of Sunday wondering the same thing. But, Matty laid out the ground rules for this project months ago and at the top of the list was 1) Laura is not allowed on the roof - EVER. I have a pretty substantial history of head injuries (some might even say I'm a bit uncoordinated). So Matty has forbidden me to get on the roof, for fear that I would plummet to a certain death. And no amount of stubborn debate on my part this weekend managed to change his mind. So, instead, I stood on the ground looking up at something like this, trying to figure our how I would break his fall if he slipped...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart Mattie....Even smarter rules.
Just happy to know Laura actually "obeyed"

Anonymous said...

That brings up another thing Laura has a history of, not exactly following the rules. Not to say she's reckless, but there is a bit of a rebellious tendency in there somewhere.
Love ya, sis.

Anonymous said...

well, mel says he knows who i am (Mattie? did you tell on me?) meanwhile i don't really know who he is...but he said he was hung over in the last post and all I say is, have you asked Matt how hung over HE is and more importantly why? yeah, get him to tell you a good story....

Anonymous said...

THANK THE LORD FOR MATT....AND LAURA FOR LISTENING! WHAT A GREAT PLACE YOU'LL END UP WITH, FILLED WITH A LOT OF MEMORIES. JUST BE CAREFUL.